On Tuesday morning we showed up to school and found that a Leprechaun had danced in our room the night before and messed up our schedule and lost his shoe somewhere in our room. We found his shoe and while we were at lunch, he came back and left us some gold chocolate. (The shoe was made by my amazing husband)
On Wednesday we got to school and the Leprechaun left a note on the board saying that he didn't think we could catch him so instead of leaving us gold, he left us some cookies.
Thursday (St. Patrick's Day) was the day that I was waiting for all week! We got to school to find that the Leprechaun had left us some "magic potion" (some green kool-aid with sugar hiding it so they couldn't see the green) He told us to just add 4 quarts of water. During our group time we added 4 quarts and it magically changed green! We all had a drink of this magic potion (the kids all insisted that I drink it first!) He also left us a book to read. So, I picked up the book and put the note on the back of the book. It had something else written on the back that said "P.S. if a teacher drinks this, their feet turn green...." Well, I had a drink of the magic potion so the kids all wanted to see if my feet were green. Sure enough, I pulled off my socks and they were green!
The kids screamed (yes I am sure the whole school heard them)! That was all they talked about for the rest of the day. We had such a great time trying to find the Leprechaun (we never caught him though).
I love teaching but I especially love when we do things like this. It is something that those kids will remember for a long time to come!
Seriously, you are an awesome teacher. Which I had you in the 2nd grade. Loads of FUN!!
ReplyDeleteOh how cute! What a perfectly wonderful idea. Makes me miss it. What a fun teacher you are!!
ReplyDeletewow...love the green feet....you are a great Teacher...the kids are lucky to have you
ReplyDeleteOh I just giggled reading your post. You are so awesome!!! How fun was that day?? Your kids will never forget this St. Patrick's Day!!
ReplyDelete