Saturday, September 14, 2013

Daxton Earl Burnham

Daxton Earl Burnham has joined our family (2 weeks early!)!

Our week had been a little hectic. We had been on pins and needles all week waiting to hear about a closing date on our house. On Thursday September 5 I had a regular doctor appointment. My doctor told me that she would be surprised to see me the following week at my appointment. She said our little guy would be coming anytime. I left the appointment and called Darrin to let him know.
I suggested to Darrin that he let our realtor know that the baby would be coming anytime and hopefully we would be able to move things along with our house. Thursday was full of emails back and forth with various people trying to finalize our loan. After several miracles and people pulling for us, we got word Thursday evening that we would be able to close on our house the next morning.
Friday morning Darrin and I went and signed all the papers. The day was spent trying to get things together and ready to move. We picked up our keys that afternoon and headed to our house. I was on strict instructions to not touch any boxes. I just watched people carry all my belongings and directed them places.
Friday night we got to bed really late but were so excited to finally be in our own home. We didn't sleep much. I woke up about 3:00 Saturday morning and told Darrin that I thought we would have a baby sometime in the next day or two. I fell asleep off and on and finally at 5:00 I gave up hope on trying to sleep. My contractions were getting stronger but I just thought it was from the stress of moving.
At 5:30 I woke Darrin up and told him we should probably go to the hospital. I called my mom and she came up to sit with Ella.
We got to the hospital at 6:30. I was checked and they said the wanted to wait an hour to see how I progressed and then they would decide if I should stay or not. An hour passed and I had progressed quickly so they got me all situated and we waited for the baby.
I started pushing about 12:50pm and our little Daxton was born at 1:08 pm. The whole time the doctor was estimating that he would be a small guy weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces. Daxton ended up weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces and was 22 inches long. We are grateful he didn't wait until his due date!

We are all adjusting to life with a new house and 2 kids. Ella is in heaven with her little "buddy." She is so concerned that we are going to forget him. She is always making sure he is with us. She loves to give him kisses and touch his head. You ask her what his name is and she says "baby." You tell her no it is Daxton and she responds with "No baby."










1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures. I am so happy for your little family to have such cute kids. Love you.

    ReplyDelete