We went into the hospital at 4:00 am on Wednesday November 23. When we arrived, I was dilated to 2 cm. They started me on pitocin about 5:00 and my doctor came in about 9:00 to break my water. I tried to get some sleep while Darrin emailed his professors telling them he would not be in school and my mom worked on a christmas stocking for Ella.
About 12:00 I couldn't handle the pain any more so they gave me an IV with pain medicine until they could get someone to come over and give me the epidural. My first epidural did not work. It made my right leg numb and that was it. The second time was a charm and I was ready to go! :)
Our wonderful nurse Nancy came in a little before 3:00 to check me. She said that I was at a "big" 9 cm and she was headed to call my doctor. I started pushing as my doctor was on her way to the hospital. She arrived and I pushed a few more times. Our precious angel Ella was born at 3:42 pm.
We had a wonderful nurse Nancy who helped us through the entire process and was wonderful at making me comfortable and making sure my mom and Darrin were doing okay!
Ella weighed in at 7 Ibs. 7 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. She has lots of curly dark hair! She had her dad wrapped around her finger the second he laid eyes on her.
We were able to bring Ella home the next evening and enjoyed a mini Thanksgiving dinner that my wonderful mom made!
It has been such a blessing to have this little girl join our family.
We sure love her!
Oh she is such a cutie! We were so sad that we couldn't make it to come see you guys. But, we will sure come out soon! Much love xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou guys make beautiful babies! I can't wait to hold her, she is beautiful. Have so much fun with her!
ReplyDeleteCongrats she is adorable! You are going to be the best mom. You had the best mom to teach you!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is the most beautiful great granddaughter I have ever had!!!! Thanks for bringing her into this world for us to enjoy. Love all 3 of you.
ReplyDelete